If you follow our Facebook page, you know that September is a big month for Mosaic: we will be presenting a lecture next Tuesday, the WaterShed will be on the BRING Home and Garden Tour, and Martha Stewart Living will release an article about the Coos Bay garden in their October issue!
First things first, we are delighted to give a design presentation for the Willamette Valley Hardy Plant Group - outlined below. Please join us for a fun hour or so of landscaping ideas with inspiring before and after photos:
Tuesday, September 9, 7pm at the Campbell Community Center. Admission is free for members and $5 for non-members.
Gardens Unlimited: Using Design Challenges to Create Great Gardens
Every landscaping project has its challenges. From hilly terrain to unsightly neighbors, sometimes the apparent difficulties of a situation can seem to outweigh the possibilities. Through years of creating gardens, we have learned how to overcome and even use design challenges to create beautiful outdoor spaces.
Some highlights of our presentation:
- Key strategies to approaching any landscape challenge
- How to distinguish between a long term limitation and a fixable situation
- Design approaches that turn tiny, large or awkward spaces into great gardens
- Using hills and slopes to the garden's advantage
- Non-traditional screening ideas
- Planting ideas for a palette limited by shade, deer or other factors
- Tips for balancing beauty with budget
We look forward to sharing experience, ideas and inspiration next Tuesday. Hope to see you there! Rebecca & Buell